Monday, May 31, 2010

Summer Camp Wrap Up

Just got done playing/attending the Summer Camp Music Festival in Chillicothe, Il. For those who don't know this is a huge event with over 21,000 attendees that has been going on for 10 years now. My band, Wook (www.facebook.com/wookband) got the privilege of playing the opening notes of the festival on a small side stage in the camping area. Although the crowd was on the smaller side, we still got people dancing, as well as provided some nice tunes for the other campers to set up their tents. While playing was fun and a great experience, the time shared with good friends made the entire weekend a great success. We generally woke up around 9 or 10 and proceeded to fill up our water packs and complain about the hot sun already creeping though the trees. Concerts started around 11am, although I missed a lot of those due to partying too hard the nights before. We basically attended concerts moving from stage to stage from 1pm til about 11 and then would roam the forest and hit the DJ tent til about 230 or 3. I got to see so many great bands I had never seen before, and heard about even more that others saw that I missed. This type of music festival is a great thing, bringing people together for a lot of great music and great times with friends. Our small support group of little wookies made the weekend memorable as we bounced from stage to stage together. Couldn't have asked for a better weekend, great weather, great food, and great friends. If you haven't had the opportunity to check a festival like this out, I would highly suggest it. Summer festivals sure will not disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment